Skip to main content

Have you made the right resolutions this year?

2014 is here !! Every new year resonates with new resolutions and objectives. People always ask : ‘so what are your resolutions this year?’ Resolutions are a great way to push oneself toward the set goals .

I personally have been very good at setting lists of resolutions every year. And throughout the year I would go back to them and re-evaluate, check the developments and try to motivate myself to stick to them. I have done this for years. I have indeed achieved some of the goals and failed at some others.

In the real world, we see people going from one side to the other, working long hours, looking for bigger paychecks and bonuses, aiming for the latest car model, the latest smartphone, getting into debts for buying a big house and even for a family vacation…. The question that comes to my mind when I see all this is do their goals and achievements make them really happy? Is getting a loan for buying a bigger or more luxurious car contributes to inner happiness?

Of course, every one of us is different. Our perception of life is and should be different. If going after a better paying job and more responsibility is what brings us real happiness and serenity, then okay.
I think we should be careful when we set life resolutions and goals. When we make a list, do we set goals for our real selves or do we fix objectives that will give us reassurance and validation from the society?

For this year, it’s taking me longer to come up with my list. In fact, as I see, as I get older the less long my resolutions list is and the more meaning I try to add to them.


What’s your resolution this year ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Be More Productive

Nowadays with the presence of so many distractions, so many of us struggle with staying focused and productive. In this video, I give tips that work for me and hopefully will help you get the most out of your days and weeks and achieve the most important things you have on your goals list. I find these tips very efficient and I always remind myself of them when I stray. Let me know in the comments section what you usually do to stay focused and productive and your biggest plan for 2018. And stay in touch!

Before you get out of bed and chase your dreams....

Here I am back from a mini vacation. As a read, I took Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins. Self-development books are great because they help you reboot your life in a matter of a few seconds, minutes, hours… What is interesting about the new phenomena of self-development and the Secret effect is that everyone now talks about gratitude and how important it is to be grateful for what you have before you ask for more or better. It is true that we spend our time looking for what we don’t have and we love comparing ourselves with others. Self-help books authors are right to suggest that one should implement gratitude exercises on a daily basis so s/he is aware of his/her given talents, resources and assets in life. It is a proven way that one will live happier and less miserable. To be honest, I didn’t need to read it from Tony or Ronda. Gratitude is something we are taught to ever since we are small children. After finishing a meal, you should say ‘hamdoullah’. Hamdoullah isn...

It's Okay to Change Your Mind

Changing minds is often seeing as a negative thing. If you’ve made promises to yourself in the past and find it difficult to keep them up, don’t beat yourself up. Embrace the change and do NOT stress out. Your old self hasn’t died. It just evolved. Sticking to decisions you’ve made when you were 5 years-old doesn’t make much sense especially if they become a hindrance to your development and growth. It’s OK to change your mind... In this video, I explain why it's okay to change your mind and how it can actually be a beneficial thing. As George Bernard Shaw said, 'Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.' QUESTION: What is one promise you made yourself that you're finding hard to keep?  Please comment below and share the video if you liked it!