Skip to main content

My values: A Blessing and a Curse

My values are both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because they are the foundation of who I am, the decisions I make and the actions I undertake. A curse because they limit me somehow.

Being an entrepreneur gives you choice to lead your business as you wish. It also gives you the possibility to explore new fields, let your dreams grow and enable your ambitions to become reality. However, often, business development and integrity clash.  This clash is even more important in some countries where bribes and corruption are the common procedure. In other words, the size of your business demonstrates how much you have corrupted.

Clearly, everything is possible when you are an entrepreneur. When facing an obstacle, you know that sometimes the easy solution is a big fat envelope (or briefcase) full of cash to solve the issue. Same goes with clients. You want to keep them and feel that they are happy to give you business only when you make the gesture. Your hands are tied. You know the potential of your business lies in your hands: how much you can give out for presents and gifts.

This is where the entrepreneur's values come in and establish the company's values. Having a business and life philosophy help shape the business in a way that it reflects your personality. It's a projection of who you are. Your business and you shouldn't clash. You, the entrepreneur, feed your business with your values and guide it as you would do for a baby of yours.

I know I have lost many business opportunities. I know I could have done better. I know I could have made much more money. But at the end of the day, I feel and am myself. I can go to bed with peace of mind.

May you have a successful business without compromising your values. Amen!

QUESTION : Are you for or against using personal compensation/gains in exchange for a business deal?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Be More Productive

Nowadays with the presence of so many distractions, so many of us struggle with staying focused and productive. In this video, I give tips that work for me and hopefully will help you get the most out of your days and weeks and achieve the most important things you have on your goals list. I find these tips very efficient and I always remind myself of them when I stray. Let me know in the comments section what you usually do to stay focused and productive and your biggest plan for 2018. And stay in touch!

Before you get out of bed and chase your dreams....

Here I am back from a mini vacation. As a read, I took Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins. Self-development books are great because they help you reboot your life in a matter of a few seconds, minutes, hours… What is interesting about the new phenomena of self-development and the Secret effect is that everyone now talks about gratitude and how important it is to be grateful for what you have before you ask for more or better. It is true that we spend our time looking for what we don’t have and we love comparing ourselves with others. Self-help books authors are right to suggest that one should implement gratitude exercises on a daily basis so s/he is aware of his/her given talents, resources and assets in life. It is a proven way that one will live happier and less miserable. To be honest, I didn’t need to read it from Tony or Ronda. Gratitude is something we are taught to ever since we are small children. After finishing a meal, you should say ‘hamdoullah’. Hamdoullah isn...

It's Okay to Change Your Mind

Changing minds is often seeing as a negative thing. If you’ve made promises to yourself in the past and find it difficult to keep them up, don’t beat yourself up. Embrace the change and do NOT stress out. Your old self hasn’t died. It just evolved. Sticking to decisions you’ve made when you were 5 years-old doesn’t make much sense especially if they become a hindrance to your development and growth. It’s OK to change your mind... In this video, I explain why it's okay to change your mind and how it can actually be a beneficial thing. As George Bernard Shaw said, 'Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.' QUESTION: What is one promise you made yourself that you're finding hard to keep?  Please comment below and share the video if you liked it!