Skip to main content

Do you want to stress out all your life?

'Is that all there is?' sometimes I ask myself.

I am very good at goal-setting and list writing. I have so much satisfaction jotting down my to-do list and scratching over a goal when achieved. However, sometimes, I feel there is something more than just 'contact that client' or 'deposit that cheque' or 'pay that bill' to life. We get caught in a rat race and never get the time to reflect so we can put our lives on the right track.

I have friends whom I call because I haven't heard from them in a while. They say they're swap with life problems and are too busy. I wonder what they're chasing up. I wonder if they take the time to reflect and give meaning to what they do.

We can either fill our time with loads of activities and things to do or we can choose the right occupations that are in line with our purpose and reason-to-be. Now that I am writing this, I am also giving the answer to my own question. I guess this is not all there is.

Life's more than just about going to work, paying bills, and going to the grocery shop. Life has a deeper meaning that each of us need to discover within ourselves. Life cannot be about chasing up money and constantly looking for material gains.

So let's slow down a bit. Yes it's possible even for those in big cities and let's start giving more meaning to our life and savor each present moment.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Be More Productive

Nowadays with the presence of so many distractions, so many of us struggle with staying focused and productive. In this video, I give tips that work for me and hopefully will help you get the most out of your days and weeks and achieve the most important things you have on your goals list. I find these tips very efficient and I always remind myself of them when I stray. Let me know in the comments section what you usually do to stay focused and productive and your biggest plan for 2018. And stay in touch!

Before you get out of bed and chase your dreams....

Here I am back from a mini vacation. As a read, I took Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins. Self-development books are great because they help you reboot your life in a matter of a few seconds, minutes, hours… What is interesting about the new phenomena of self-development and the Secret effect is that everyone now talks about gratitude and how important it is to be grateful for what you have before you ask for more or better. It is true that we spend our time looking for what we don’t have and we love comparing ourselves with others. Self-help books authors are right to suggest that one should implement gratitude exercises on a daily basis so s/he is aware of his/her given talents, resources and assets in life. It is a proven way that one will live happier and less miserable. To be honest, I didn’t need to read it from Tony or Ronda. Gratitude is something we are taught to ever since we are small children. After finishing a meal, you should say ‘hamdoullah’. Hamdoullah isn...

It's Okay to Change Your Mind

Changing minds is often seeing as a negative thing. If you’ve made promises to yourself in the past and find it difficult to keep them up, don’t beat yourself up. Embrace the change and do NOT stress out. Your old self hasn’t died. It just evolved. Sticking to decisions you’ve made when you were 5 years-old doesn’t make much sense especially if they become a hindrance to your development and growth. It’s OK to change your mind... In this video, I explain why it's okay to change your mind and how it can actually be a beneficial thing. As George Bernard Shaw said, 'Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.' QUESTION: What is one promise you made yourself that you're finding hard to keep?  Please comment below and share the video if you liked it!