Skip to main content

Are you ready to make your life as inconvenient as possible?

This week’s challenge was actually something very challenging.

I have recently read that to achieve what you want in life, you have to ‘create inconveniences’. When I first read this, I thought that was a crazy idea…

In fact, creating an inconvenience is actually taking yourself out of your comfort zone and pushing yourself to reach new goals and levels. It builds your character.

It may seem like self-flagellation but the idea is that the more you do of something you dislike the easier it gets and the better you become as a person.

The first ‘inconvenience’ I have tried and done this week was taking a cold shower. While at first, I just couldn’t even run the water on my feet now I have a little more courage and less anxiety when jumping in the shower. I can already notice, having done it 3 times now, that it is getting easier and more fun. I am focusing less and less on the cold water and putting more attention to enjoying the shower. The bonus is that I feel really good after taking a cold shower.

Other inconveniences I am starting to create in my life is taking the stairs, ditching the car and using my legs… Of course, the inconvenience does not have to be physical. It can also be controlling the time you spend watching TV. It can also be limiting your interactions on Facebook and the number of times you check your email.

I find this exercise interesting and very challenging. I am sure it can only be beneficial.

Are you up for it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Be More Productive

Nowadays with the presence of so many distractions, so many of us struggle with staying focused and productive. In this video, I give tips that work for me and hopefully will help you get the most out of your days and weeks and achieve the most important things you have on your goals list. I find these tips very efficient and I always remind myself of them when I stray. Let me know in the comments section what you usually do to stay focused and productive and your biggest plan for 2018. And stay in touch!

Before you get out of bed and chase your dreams....

Here I am back from a mini vacation. As a read, I took Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins. Self-development books are great because they help you reboot your life in a matter of a few seconds, minutes, hours… What is interesting about the new phenomena of self-development and the Secret effect is that everyone now talks about gratitude and how important it is to be grateful for what you have before you ask for more or better. It is true that we spend our time looking for what we don’t have and we love comparing ourselves with others. Self-help books authors are right to suggest that one should implement gratitude exercises on a daily basis so s/he is aware of his/her given talents, resources and assets in life. It is a proven way that one will live happier and less miserable. To be honest, I didn’t need to read it from Tony or Ronda. Gratitude is something we are taught to ever since we are small children. After finishing a meal, you should say ‘hamdoullah’. Hamdoullah isn...

It's Okay to Change Your Mind

Changing minds is often seeing as a negative thing. If you’ve made promises to yourself in the past and find it difficult to keep them up, don’t beat yourself up. Embrace the change and do NOT stress out. Your old self hasn’t died. It just evolved. Sticking to decisions you’ve made when you were 5 years-old doesn’t make much sense especially if they become a hindrance to your development and growth. It’s OK to change your mind... In this video, I explain why it's okay to change your mind and how it can actually be a beneficial thing. As George Bernard Shaw said, 'Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.' QUESTION: What is one promise you made yourself that you're finding hard to keep?  Please comment below and share the video if you liked it!